In today’s world, transportation is growing at a rate, as never before and the demand for more amenities and more supporting devices (e. g. navigation system) is growing. With an ever increasing use of electronics in automobiles, it has led to a rise in the use of the average amount of copper per vehicle, even when the metal is working only behind the scenes.
With technological advancements, the automotive industry has explored the importance of copper in producing more energy efficient, durable and higher quality parts in automobiles. In fact, today, the metal has become an essential component of many of the latest design elements in today’s cars. The Automotive uses of copper and copper alloys include automotive hydraulic brake tubes, automotive radiators and heat exchangers and automotive vehicle brake tubing.
What should you look for?
For automotive applications, a buyer should look for parts and components that are light-weight, efficient and cost effective. It is also important to consider properties such as cold and warm bending, corrosion resistance, excellent heat conductivity, versatility, good welding and soldering qualities that you can find in copper. Some of the important characteristics of the metal that you can consider are:-
- To protect the brake tubes from corrosion due to road environment, 90-10 Copper-Nickel Tubing should be preferred over low carbon steel.
- Copper-Brass radiators should be preferred over traditional models due to due to their low weight, low cost and long life.
- Till recent time, aluminum was a metal of choice for automobile manufacturers due to its low density and weight despite its inherent weaknesses in thermal conductivity, corrosion resistance and repair ability. However in todays’ sensitive automotive market place, the buyers are preferring copper together with copper as it is a environment compatible material owing to its characteristic of lower life-cycle energy consumption of each metal.
- For brazed, long life radiators and radiator parts, you should select copper due to its special characteristics such as:-
- Virtually 100% recyclable
- Low energy consumption in manufacturing and refining as compared to aluminum
- Superior thermal conductivity, corrosion resistance and strength
Solutions We Offer
We specialize in design and supply of a comprehensive range of copper tubes, pipes, rolled products and more for a variety of automotive applications. Our offerings include Cu-Ni alloy for brake tubing; electrical components for plug-type connectors, cable lugs, connector blocks, relays and driving motors; and brass components for manufacturing of nozzles, bearings and mechanical components such as in automotive transmissions and ABS braking systems.
Designed as per the industry standards and guidelines, our products match the increased requirements for safety as well as for production and optimization in the automotive industry.
With our industry expertise, sophisticated production facilities and skilled manpower, we offer customization facility to incorporate application specific features and properties to fulfill your special requirements.